Contra Costa is a geographically rich and diverse county in the heart of the Bay Area. It ranges from the urban and industrial West County, out to rural farmland in the East, and dense commercial and shady suburban cities in between. Gus Kramer is the County Assessor elected to oversee the equitable assessment of all taxable property.
Gus Kramer‘s Duties as the Contra Costa County Assessor
- Discovering and assessing all property within the County
- Producing and delivering an assessment roll by July 1 of each year
- Valuing all real property
- Auditing all entities doing business in the County and valuing all taxable personal property
- Establishing and maintaining a set of over 11,000 maps for assessment purposes, delineating every parcel of land in the County
- Providing a public information service to assist taxpayers with questions about property ownership and assessment