I serve the voters of Contra Costa as the County Assessor, and have been elected again and again because I represent the People well. Greedy political opponents and corporate opportunists repeatedly attack me to take me down to put their own interests ahead those of the People.
The baseless attacks have all failed, and I have been exonerated by independent investigations, and the East Bay Times publicly retracted their repeated lies.
– – –
STATEMENT BY GUS KRAMER JUNE 7, 2019:I welcome the opportunity to confront my accusers with the facts discovered by not one, not two, but THREE separate independent investigations that Exonerate me of sexual harassment or hostile work place or retaliation by professionals hired by the county.When the facts are made public, the East Bay Times , the County Board of Supervisors, and their appointees on the county grand jury will be dutifully ashamed of themselves and their unwarranted and political persecution of the county assessor.
– – –
Read my latest blog posts HERE.
Contra Costa is a geographically rich and diverse county in the heart of the Bay Area. It ranges from the urban and industrial West County, out to rural farmland in the East, and dense commercial and shady suburban cities in between. Gus Kramer is the County Assessor elected to oversee the equitable assessment of all taxable property.
Gus Kramer‘s Duties as the Contra Costa County Assessor
- Discovering and assessing all property within the County
- Producing and delivering an assessment roll by July 1 of each year
- Valuing all real property
- Auditing all entities doing business in the County and valuing all taxable personal property
- Establishing and maintaining a set of over 11,000 maps for assessment purposes, delineating every parcel of land in the County
- Providing a public information service to assist taxpayers with questions about property ownership and assessment